SMADC: Shaping the future of farms and food...
Thriving, market-driven farms play a powerful and integral role in improving the health and quality of life of our community, in ending childhood obesity, in protecting the quality of our air and of our cherished Chesapeake Bay. SMADC is committed to providing resources to our area's farms, educating consumers on the importance of supporting local agriculture, enhancing the connections between farms and healthy communities, and preserving farmland in our region.
UPDATE ON THE SOUTHERN MARYLAND AG BUSINESS PARK AND FOOD INNOVATION CENTER: SMADC is in the planning stages of the proposed Southern Maryland Ag Business Park and Food Innovation Center. Expressions of Interest (EOI) concering land aquisition for this project are now being accepted.
- Find out more about the proposed Ag and Food Center
- Download the EOI Request; EOIs must be submitted by 7/10/2015
- ATTEND an upcoming informational meeting in your county
- Give us your input on components of the Center via on-line survey
- Send questions/comments to AgFoodCenter@smadc.com