Cornelia and the Farm Band
The Cornelia program, which includes coloring books, animated videos, live videos and two life-size, mascot characters (Cornelia and Couch Potato), teach children about the importance of an active, healthy lifestyle in an effort to combat childhood obesity and enhance the role farms play in healthy eating and exercise. [see the program website for complete details]
|watch a sing-along||watch a psa||watch Cornela Cooks|
- a website (let's go to a farm!) which features cartoons, coloring sheets, games and songs that encourage an active lifestyle and healthy eating
- two coloring books (one featuring kid-friendly recipes) available free to schools and at the county fairs and other venues
- a series of seed packages with educational messages (distributed to classrooms and at the county fairs)
- five public service videos featuring animated versions of the Cornelia characters [availble to view here]
- a life-size version (mascot costume) of both Cornelia and Couch Potato
- educational materials, including sing-along songs, coloring books, etc. distributed each year during Farm to School Week (and available for distribution to classes and clubs)
- a certified curriculum geared for fifth-grade classrooms focusing on farm facts
- a dedicated Facebook page with program updates, schedule of Cornelia events, etc.
- a dedicated Twitter feed
If you are interested in ordering Cornelia materials for your classroom or club, contact smadc. If you are interested in having Cornelia or Couch Potato visit your classroom or club (subject to availability), contact email@example.com.
Read more about all of these SMADC programs: