Maryland FarmLINK is an on-line community for the agriculture industry offering an array of specialized tools and resources including a property exchange, user forum, schedule of training and workshops and more. Users can register [free] to take full advantage of all site functions. [see the program website for complete details.]
- a dedicated, highly interactive Maryland FarmLINK website with a membership function
- a dedicated Farmlink Facebook site
- a dedicated farmlink Twitter feed
- a Person-to-Person feature which allows members to communicate directly with other members and search for on-line partners, mentors, etc.
- an interactive Farm Forum where members can ask and answer questions, post announcements and request assistance or advice
- a Property Exchange page where buyers and sellers of farmland in Maryland can connect
- training and support for real estate agents listing farmland in Maryland
- an extensive schedule of upcoming regional seminars, training and workshops for the ag community
- an extensive listing of agencies and organizations that provide additional resources to the ag community
- a mentor match program which pairs mentors and mentees for a year-long interactive experience
- the ability to find land for lease or land to work (in development)
- specific tools for new and young farmers (in development)
- a weekly blog, "Farm Views, Growth From the Ground Up"
- The Weekly Roundup, an e-mail newsletter for FarmLINK members containing farm-related news and insights
Join FarmLINK: Anyone may view most sections of the FarmLINK site without registering as a member, however FarmLINK Members have enhanced access to site functions, including the ability to post to the forum, list property for sale, list workshops or training, receive weekly updates on ag news, and the ability to communicate directly with other members via a personal FarmLINK mail box (which pushes to direct e-mail). There is no cost to join. Go to the JOIN page.
Attention Realtors: If you are a real estate agent and would like more information on buying, leasing or selling farmland in Maryland, e-mail the email@example.com.
Workshops and Training: If your agency is offering a workshop, seminar, training or similar event specific to the ag community, you can list it free on the FarmLINK site! You must be a Maryland FarmLINK member and you must be signed in to access the input section. Scroll to the bottom of the workshop page [here]. There is no fee to list your workshop.
Read more about all of these SMADC programs: