So. Maryland, So Good
The So. Maryland, So Good logo symbolizes fresh, quality farm food grown right here in Southern Maryland. Through this, Southern Maryland's "Buy Local" program, SMADC educates consumers on how, why and where to buy local farm products and provides farmers with extensive resources to promote their offerings. [see the program website for complete details.]
- a dedicated SMSG website designed to increase consumer traffic to local farms as well as to markets, restaurants and other venues that sell local farm products
- a juried listing of Farm-to-Table providers including restaurants, caterers and more.
- a powerful, searchable online database of farms, vineyards and agri-tourism destinations, as well as markets, restaurants and other venues that sell local farm products
- a series of booklets, brochures and directories that comprise a comprehensive inventory of the region's farm products and services
- point-of-purchase signs, banners, labels and other marketing pieces that identify farm products as part of the So Maryland, So Good brand
- ongoing marketing support for the brand, including SMADC-funded advertising in county and regional publications
- advertising opportunities for SMSG farms and businesses in various publications
- periodic training (workshops and seminars) for SMSG participants
Join SMSG: Agriculture/Aquaculture-related businesses in the five Southern Maryland counties (Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince Georges and St. Mary's) are eligible to join SMSG:
- Farms (including vineyards, horse farms, agritourism venues, etc.)
- Watermen that harvest from the region's waterways
- Restaurants, caterers, markets, grocers, brokers, wholesalers and certain other non-farm venues that sell Southern Maryland –produced/harvested farm products and food
Membership is available on a one-, two- or three-star level, depending on the participant's committment to upholding the SMSG standards and promoting the brand. Click here to join SMSG.
List your Farm-to-Table Business: If you own a store, restaurant or catering business committed to buying locally produced farm foods, you may qualify to be listed on the SMSG website. Click here to apply.
Advertise: Advertising opportunities are available in SMSG publictions, including the comprehensive SMSG Farm Guide, the annual SMSG Holiday Guide, SMSG Farmer's Market Guide, Equine Guide and SMSG Meats and Seafood directory. click here for details.
Feedback: SMADC values your feedback. Evaluate the SMSG program with this short survey.
Read more about all of these SMADC programs: