Southern Maryland Trails: Earth, Art, Imagination
This guidebook and online directory celebrate everything handmade, homegrown and locally harvested in Southern Maryland including local farms, art galleries and studios, wineries, lodgings, natural areas, restaurants that serve locally grown food and natural areas and parks that highlight the region’s heritage and beauty.
The beautiful, full-color guidebook (about 140 pages) features photos and information on each Trails destination. Maps, imaginative itineraries and tidbits about the culture and background of the region are included.
The guidebook is a powerful economic development tool for the region. It is distributed free to the public at Trails sites, county fairs, designated pickup sites and by county tourism agencies. [see the program website for complete details.]
- a dedicated website with a digital directory of partner sites
- a full-color guidebook
- partner packages: three or more Trails sites partner to offer a day-long or week-end experience
- imaginative itineraries: themed day trips geared to make planning easy for visitors to the area
- an active trails Facebook site which highlights partner events and visitor experiences
- a Twitter feed featuring updates on Trails events and activities
- periodic Trails mixers which offer networking opportunities to Trails partners
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the Trails guidebook, you can pick one up at a partner site or a designated pick up location. You can request a book by mail (a small fee covers shipping and handling). You can also order bulk copies (if supplies allow).
Join the Trails: If you are interested in having your farm, art studio, restaurant, lodging or other eligible site included in the Trails guidebook, see the partner info page of the Trails website for eligibility requirements and other information.
Advertise: If you would like to advertise in an upcoming edition of the Southern Maryland Trails guidebook or on the Trails website, fill out the ad application. (Your business does NOT have to be a Trails partner to advertise.)
Feedback: SMADC values your feedback. Evaluate the Trails program with this short survey.
Read more about all of these SMADC programs: